Join a team who is bringing the care back to individuals in their homes. Nimble, responsive and collaborative, the team works together to keep our patients where they are most comfortable as they age in place: home. The team consists of a physician, nurse practitioners and care coordinators.
When you work for House Calls, you’ll enjoy comprehensive orientation and training, ongoing mentoring and staff education, and up-to-date technology for patient care and support staff positions. We also offer employees a benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Health savings account, flex spending plans and critical illness coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
House Calls is an equal opportunity employer.
House Calls nurse practitioners are responsible for providing excellent medical care to primary care patients in their homes.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams made up of physicians, NPs, LPNs and administration to provide patient care and family/caregiver support
- Requires a high level of communication that is clear, concise, patient-centered; team education/guidance is vital to our patient care and mission accomplishment
- Significant travel is required; vehicle will be provided or mileage reimbursed
- Provides pain, disease and symptom management for patients
- Determines continued patient eligibility through face-to-face visits, documentation review and clinical interactions
- Consults with nursing staff regarding medical care of patients
- Collaborates on education/training of patient care staff, referral sources, medical institutions and the community/public
A House Calls LPN will serve as an intake coordinator for primary care patients. LPNs work directly with a House Calls primary care provider to provide care to House Calls patients. LPNs are responsible for intake, assessing patient needs, care coordination, scheduling and other medical practice functions.